Hello lovely readers!
Many of my friends, especially my blogger friends, are doing NaNoWriMo this month! I seriously admire every single one of you joining that challenge. Good luck on all your novels!
But I don’t really write novels. My writing mostly consists of college essays and an occasional short story on a burst of inspiration with little to no planning. Instead, I’ll be joining International Picture Posting Month (IntPiPoMo). Since a picture is worth a thousand words, IntPiPoMo participates have to post 50 pictures (and the NaNo challenge is 50k words).
I was not aware that this existed until I ran across it on Alice Reads Tolkien. Apparently it was started a few years ago and is being hosted by Gamer Girl Confessions. It is a perfect challenge for me, because I like taking photos! I haven’t taken the time as much lately, but the gorgeous fall leaves are certainly an inspiration to pick up the camera again!
Here are the rules:
- you can start participating at any time during November;
- both blogs and micro-blogs (such as Tumblr) can participate;
- any form of non-word creativity is allowed (e.g. photos, screenshots, artwork, gifs);
- images that are part of differently themed blog posts count;
- $15 and $5 dollar gifts cards are raffled at the end of the month!
Picture posts incoming in November!
In other news:
And if you aren’t already, you can follow us on Facebook.